Spicy brussels sprouts. Spicy Brussels (Serves 5)
Per Serving: 111 Calories, 6g fat, 12.7g carbs, 4.7g protein
I hope you’re all aboard the Brussels Sprout-Train by now (choo! choo!) because these awesome veggies got such a bad rep somewhere along the way (I blame our grandparents who made them tasteless and boring!)
I’m here to right so many years of Brussels sprouts wrongs by taking this awesome, versatile food and pairing it with my favorite thing: SPICE!
Try these bad boys with my Guiltless Turkey Burger from the Guiltless Nutrition Lifestyle and Recipe Book to shake up the boring old burger and fries tradition. This is so much healthier, satisfying, and I swear you won’t miss the old duo.
- 1 ½ pounds Brussels sprouts
- 2 tablespoons avocado oil
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- ½ teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- Preheat oven to 375°
- Wash Brussels, trim off ends, cut in half
- Toss all ingredients, except salt and pepper, in a large bowl and mix to coat
- Spread onto sheet pan, making sure there’s room for them to breathe and roast evenly- placing them cut side down will maximize their crispiness
- Sprinkle with salt
- Roast for about 45 minutes
- Remove from oven and sprinkle with pepper… try not to burn yourself eating them straight off of the pan (not speaking from personal experience here or anything, I swear…)!