This Saturday is St. Paddy’s Day and whether or not you do a big parade or a whole bunch of nothing, this year you can celebrate the occasion with some delicious and healthy Mint Chocolate Chip Pancakes! ☘
These bad boys are tasty and they’re green! But not from food dyes, no ma’am! 🙅 Keep that outta my food, thank you very much! These ‘cakes get their green from spinach! Cute and good for you!? Gimme some!!!
Mint Chocolate Chip Pancakes
- 1 cup of gluten-free old fashioned oats
- 3/4 cups unsweetened almond milk
- 1/2 cup fresh mint leaves, loosely packed
- 1/2 cup spinach
- 1/8 cup almond butter
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1/8 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup dark chocolate chips
- 1 Tbsp. maple syrup
- 1 Tbsp. coconut cream
- Place oats, almond milk, mint, spinach, almond butter, baking powder and vanilla in a blender or food processor and blend until batter is smooth
- Spray a pan with non-stick spray and heat to medium
- Use 1/4 cup measuring cup to pour pancake mix onto pan; drop on a few chocolate chips
- Cook for about 2 minutes on each side
- Repeat with all remaining batter
- Enjoy with a dollop of coconut cream and fresh mint, or maple syrup if you prefer!
Makes about 6-8 pancakes
*Side note, if you want them SUPER green, add powdered chlorophyll for a green boost + extra nutrients!
Trust me when I say that these little pancakes are as cute as they are tasty… so make sure to add these ingredients to your grocery list this week! And double (or triple!) the recipe if you’re hosting a St. Paddy’s breakfast!
May the luck o’ the Irish be with you… at least this Saturday! ☘ And if you’re looking for some side dishes for an amazing 3/17 brunch party…may I recommend some other green faves: Spinach Egg Muffins or perhaps a delicious Matcha Latte? Cutest green breakfast ever, if you ask me!