Spinach Egg Muffins
These are such an easy go-to breakfast. You can double the recipe (or more) to make a big batch and store in the fridge for the entire week! I love the simple spinach egg muffins, but often add tomato, mushrooms or other yummy veggies to it!
- 1 tsp. coconut oil, raw, extra-virgin, organic
- 1/2 c. onion, diced
- 2 c. spinach, chopped
- 1/2 c. tomatoes, diced (optional)
- 2 whole eggs, 3 egg whites
- Any no-salt added seasoning
- Preheat oven to 350ºF.
- Line 4 cups of a muffin pan with cupcake liners
- Heat coconut oil in a pan over medium low heat.
- Add onions and sauté until brown.
- Add spinach to the pan and stir for about 2 minutes.
- Divide the diced tomatoes (if you are using them) and onion/spinach miture between the lined cups
- Beat the eggs in a small bowl and pour evenly into each up.
- Bake for about 20 minutes or until they puff up on top.
- You can refrigerate the muffins and eat them later!
Serving Size: 2-4 muffins