Fresh Watermelon Juice
I am not a big watermelon fan most of the time. The texture has to be juuuust right for me to want to take a bite, but I do love to make fresh watermelon juice!
Watermelon is over 90% water which means it’s crazy hydrating. Even though fresh watermelon juice is mostly water, it’s also packed with antioxidants and nutrients and has several health benefits.
My favorite is that watermelon has L-citrulline which increases your workout performance and helps with post-workout muscle soreness and recovery. Heck yes!
Next you’re looking for a “pre-workout,” fresh watermelon juice should be your go-to.
- Your body will use the the natural sugars and carbs for energy.
- L-citrulline can help you push through those tough Hot Body Sweat Guide workouts and recover faster.
If you buy fresh watermelon juice at say Whole Foods or a juice store it’s usually around $4.00 for a small 2 serving bottle. Waaaay too much! It’s super easy to make your own at home and save a whole lot of money too.
Fresh Watermelon Juice Recipe
All you need is one seedless watermelon and a blender!
- Cut the watermelon in half.
- Using a spoon, scoop out the “meat” of the watermelon, all the actual fruit, and put it in a blender.
- Blend/puree until smooth.
- You can either drink it just like that or strain to remove the pulp.
- Store in airtight containers in the fridge for up to 5 days.