Brussels sprouts with cranberries. Let’s take a sec and talk about Brussels
Brussels Sprouts with Cranberries and Balsamic Reduction (serves 5)
Per Serving: 238 Calories, 11.4g fat, 33g carbs, 4.6g protein
I know that they got a bad rap in the past (I think our parents must have hated them as kids, so I feel like our generation never even grew up with them… or maybe that’s just me?), but I think everyone is coming around to how absolutely fantastic Brussels Sprouts can be, if prepared correctly. If you’re still not sold, seriously, just give these a try! I bet they win you over. And look how pretty!
This is such a festive dish for your Thanksgiving spread or your Christmas gathering, or really just for any Tuesday dinner. It pairs beautifully with my Guiltless Balsamic Chicken. That’s what I love about these great, guiltless meals from the Guiltless Nutrition Lifestyle & Recipe Book: you can get them all gussied up for the holidays, or just healthfully fill up your tummy while binge watching your latest Netflix fave.
- 1 ½ pounds Brussels sprouts (bonus points if you can find at a local farmers’ market still!)
- ¼ cup avocado oil (or oil of your choice)
- ½ cup sugar
- ½ cup balsamic vinegar
- ½ cup dried cranberries
- Preheat oven to 400°
- Cut off end of Brussels and cut in half; mix with avocado oil
- Pour onto baking sheet- make sure they’re spread out and have breathing room. If not, split onto two sheets. Seriously, it will make a difference in how they roast
- Roast 30-35 minutes until crisp on the outside
- While roasting, combine balsamic vinegar and sugar in saucepan; bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to medium low until glaze is thick and like a syrup- about 20 minutes
- Drizzle reduction over roasted Brussels, sprinkle with dried cranberries and enjoy!