Turmeric “Golden” Milk
I’ve been adding turmeric to my coffee on and off for years and making Turmeric “Golden” Milk. If you haven’t tried it yet, you’re definitely missing out.
It sounds a little hippy dippy, but turmeric is loaded with antioxidants and is a great natural anti-inflammatory which means it can help reduce muscle soreness and I’m all about that.
I’m always trying out new ways to make it, but this is my go-to recipe.While I’d love to ditch the honey it kinda needs it for taste. Plus, a good raw local honey has amazing health benefits like antioxidants, phytonutrients, aiding in digestion, allergies and tons more.
- 3 cups Coconut, Cashew or Almond milk
- 1 – 1/2 tsp fresh turmeric (ground or chopped)
- 1/4 tsp fresh ginger (ground or chopped)
- 1 dried cinnamon stick
- 1 tbsp coconut oil (for absorption
- Sprinkle of fresh ground black pepper or peppercorns
- 1/2 tbsp raw honey
- Combined all ingredients in a suacepan over medium-high heat
- Bring to a boil and immediately reduce to simmer on low
- Stir or whisk ingredients every 4-5 minutes and allow to simmer for 10-15minutes
- Store in the fridge, in an airtight container, for 3-4 days
- Enjoy hot or cold. I like adding it as the “milk” in my coffee too!
This recipe is 100% Hot Body Meal Plan approved too! You can have it with your coffee in the morning and even try adding some protein to it for a super quick breakfast on the go.