strawberry breakfast bars.Happy National Strawberry Day!
And to celebrate, we’re making these Strawberry Breakfast Bars – they’re so good you guys! They’re vegan, no sugar added, keto and paelo friendly and totally LSF approved !I am normally the one in the kitchen whipping up new recipes, but this is one I got from PlateJoy! I’ve been sharing them a lot lately because their such a rad company! I obviously love getting creative in with my cooking, but it’s freaking hard with how busy we’ve been lately. I just feel like I got in a funk of the same 7 recipes every single week and it was getting real boring.
PlateJoy makes healthy meals super-simple, with delicious recipes and grocery lists customized to your exact diet needs and taste preferences so you can literally take your LSF Hot Body Meal Plan guidelines and get even more creative! There are even new LSF Approved Recipes you can choose from AND I’m going to be uploading ones from the Guiltless Nutrition Guide so you can get everything you need in one spot!
Basically you take a quiz to tell PlateJoy all about how you like to eat or if you have any dietary restrictions and they pull a giant catalogue of recipes that would work for you. Like even down to if you like making big batches of things for the week or want something new each meal.Try out this Strawberry Breakfast Bar recipe, let me know what you want to see next down below in the comments, and go check them out. They’re giving LSF babes a deal where you can get a 6-month membership for just $59 with the code: LSFKATIE
1 1/2 cups walnuts
1 1/2 cups coconut flakes
1 tsp vanilla
1/2 tsp salt
1 cup strawberries, mashes
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Line a loaf pan with parchment paper
- In a food processor or blender, combined 1 cup walnuts, 1 cup coconut flakes, and pulse until finely chopped. Add bananas, vanilla, and salt and blend until the mixture is smooth.
- Transfer mixture to the loaf pan or baking dish and spread evenly. Bake for about 25 minutes.
- Remove from oven and allow the loaf to cool. Then spread the mashed or pureed strawberries across the top in an even layer. Sprinkle with remaining walnuts and coconut.
- Bake an additional 5-10 minutes until the top is golden brown. Allow to cool completely and enjoy!
- Store in an air tight container in the refrigerator or freezer.
Hi! If you are someone who doesn’t love the taste of coconut– would you have any alternative to recommend for the coconut or is it essential? Thanks so much!
Hi Annie! You can leave out the coconut and just use the walnuts. It will still taste delicious 🙂
How many calories per serving in this recipe?
I don’t count calories and usually don’t include them in my recipes. I am always following my LSF Hot Body Meal Plan which does all of that for me. Helps keep the focus on intuitive eating vs. calorie counting 🙂