Spicy Roasted Chickpeas
I LOVE chickpeas (aka garbonzo bean, aka Egyptian pea, aka Bengal gram – that’s a new one!) They are technically a legume so in the bean fambam and are packed with protein and fiber. These spicy roasted chickpeas are a perfect snack you can make that will satisfy those salty cravings and load you up with nutrients too!
- 1 – 15oz can of chickpeas
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive or avocado oil
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp harissa spices (or any spice blend you want!)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit
- Rinse, drain and dry chickpeas
- Toss chickpeas in a pan with olive oil, salt and seasoning
- Place in the oven and bake for 20-30 minutes, stirring and tossing every 10 minutes.
- Remove from oven to let cool and enjoy!
**Besides just snacking on these you can throw them into salads or on top of soups too! Chickpeas are also great to make hummus with! Get the recipe HERE
Serves 8 – 220 calories per serving