Healthy Pumpkin spice muffins. It’s been at least 80 degrees in sunny SoCal since Fall began but that doesn’t stop me from celebrating everything this season has to offer!
Call me a basic witch but but my house is covered in autumn decorations and I cannot get enough of everything Pumpkin Spice.
Here is one of my absolute favorite healthy Pumpkin Spice Muffin recipes to enjoy during your autumn mornings.
What I love so much about these muffins (other than the fact that they are de-lish) is that they don’t contain all of those artificial ingredients you typically find in store-bought mixes.
They’re grain-free, gluten-free, paleo and packed with nutrients to fuel your body and leave you feeling full. If you’re following the HBMP, this would be a great option for a healthy pre-workout morning snack! Yes it has some sugar, but you’ll burn it right off with the Hot Body Sweat Guide and be ready to take on your perfect fall day!
- 1 banana
- 3/4c pumpkin
- 1 c Almond flour
- 1/2 c coconut flour
- 3 eggs
- 4 tbsp coconut oil
- 1/4 c honey
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 2 tsp pumpkin spices
- Pinch of sea salt
♥Frosting mixture (optional)
- ½ cup cream cheese
- 1 tbs pure maple syrup
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Combined banana, pumpkin, eggs, melted coconut oil and honey in a large bowl. Mix on medium until all ingredients are well combined. Add dry ingredients and continue mixing for 1-2 minutes.
- Spray muffin tin with non-stick spray and fill each tine ¾ of the way with mixture
- Bake for approximately 25-30 minutes or until edges begin to lightly brown and/or you test muffin with fork and it comes out clean.
- Mix together cream cheese, cinnamon and maple syrup and lightly coast tops of muffins when they are cooled.
- Recipe Makes 9-12 medium size muffins