Healthy Pad Thai. This is a super simple recipe you can make with rice noodles or even my favorite, zoodles!
Healthy Pad Thai
Make this healthy pad thai for dinner with chicken or shrimp enjoy all the deliciousness!
- 2 cups cooked rice noodles or zoodles
- 10 ounces boneless skinless chicken breast cubed or shrimp
- 2 Eggs
- 2 Tbs Raw, Unsalted Peanuts (optional)
- 1-2 Scallions, chopped
- 1-2 Small Chili Pepper, chopped
- 1/2c Cabbage, thinly sliced
- 1 large handful Cilantro, chopped
Mix The following together in a bowl and set aside:
- 1 Tbs Rice Vinegar
- 1 Tbs Fish Sauce
- 2 Tbs Fresh Lime, squeezed
- 1 Tbs Avocado or other oil
- 1 Tbs Water
- 1 Tbs Coconut Sugar
- 1 Garlic Clove, minced
- 1-2 tsp Thai Seasoning
In a sauté pan over medium heat:
1. Place 1/2 Tbs oil to coat pan
2. Drop chicken and begin to cook
3. Add scallions, chilies, peanuts & cabbage
4. Mix and begin to brown, about 5min.
5. Add liquid mixture from bowl and stir
6. Add rinsed noodles and mix
7. Add the eggs and let them sit for about 2min, then stir into the mixture and add cilantro and enjoy!
Isn’t this recipe very high in carbs?? Will I gain weight if I eat stuff like this sometimes?? I’m very very scared
Hi Reema 🙂 there are virtually no carbs in this dish. The noodles are Quest noodles, which actually don’t have any carbs in them (not like your normal noodle). If you have a healthy diet and workout, you will not gain weight eating dishes like this…that being said, this dish needs to be made with the right ingredients (like i listed above) Enjoy!
[…] I have a friend who does Thai Friday every week and it totally inspired me! I LOVE Thai, but it can definitely be less than healthy if you order out. Try this HEALTHIER version of pad Thai so you can get the flavor without all the unnecessary junk. Get the recipe here. […]
hi, do you know if this would be gluten free?
Hi! It should be however if you have a true intolerance, make sure you check the ingredients in the fish sauce or other sauces you use as they tend to add gluten and you want to make sure you find one that is GF xo
How do you think this would hold up to meal prepping?
Is Quest a brand of rice noodle?