Hey there, beauty! You’ve been killing challenges and working your butt off for sooo long, and now that we’re getting into the season of comfort food and sweet treats, you’re probably a tad bit nervous about partaking in the foodie festivities while also maintaining your amazing momentum! But don’t worry, babe, we’ve gotchu and we’re right there with you! So, here are a couple of ways to start off Thanksgiving morning to make sure you go to sleep with a tummy full of goodness and not a head full of guilt!
- Start the day off with a good sweat sesh, however short or long! Keeping up that good habit will automatically get you in a healthy headspace to take on the day!
- Make a healthy breakfast for yourself, with lots of good fats, protein, and carbs. Lucky for you, we have just the thing!
To start off your Thanksgiving morning the right way, whip up a batch of these grain-free Pumpkin Pecan Pancakes! This healthy and oh-so-delish recipe for Thanksgiving morning (every morning) will give you alllllll of the holiday feels without over-filling you up! And, it’s so easy.
Plus, if you think these are good, download the Holiday Survival Guide for tons of NEW holiday recipes!
Grain-Free Pumpkin Pecan Pancakes
- 4 large eggs
- ½ cup almond butter
- ½ cup pumpkin puree
- ¼ cup raw honey
- ¼ cup oat milk
- 2 tablespoons melted coconut oil
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¼ cup coconut flour
- ¾ teaspoon baking soda
- 1½ teaspoons cinnamon
- ¾ teaspoons nutmeg
- ¼ teaspoon ginger
- ¼ teaspoon cardamom
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 cup copped pecans
1. Preheat a griddle or pan to medium heat.
2. Brush with a bit of coconut oil.
3. Mix all wet ingredients together with mixer on medium speed until combined.
4. Add the remaining dry ingredients and continue to mix until all are combined and smooth.
5. Let batter sit for 30 seconds and remix for another 30 seconds.
6. Use a ¼ cup measurement to pour batter for each pancake on the hot pan. Wait until you see a few bubbles in the middle and the edges begin to lift (about 30-45seconds) Then flip and cook for another 30 seconds on opposite side.
7. Top with chopped pecans, pure maple syrup and whipped cream.
Told you it was easy! And, these cozy pancakes are the perfect way to start off the festivities!
If you love this recipe as much as we do, treat yourself to a membership with PlateJoy. You’ll find lots of recipes similar to this one, and you can even take a quiz that allows PlateJoy to give you recipes that fit all of your dietary restrictions and preferences!
PlateJoy even creates healthy menus just for you, and gives you a shopping list that you can use to save time at the store. Not enough time to shop? No problem! They’ll also send your food to a local delivery service, so you always have the ingredients you need!
I know it sounds too good to be true, but find out for yourself – you get 10 free days of PlateJoy! And if by the end of your trial, you’re absolutely in love, you can use my exclusive code (LSFKATIE) to get a 6-month membership for only $59! Do the math #worthit!!!
We can’t wait to see what you cook up with PlateJoy, so be sure to tag us and @platejoy in your festive foodie posts! You can also use hashtag #platejoy #mealprep #LSFfoodie to give and get inspiration from the rest of the LSF community!