YES, girl! You’re signed up for Spring Slimdown and the challenge is literally around the corner. Uno mas weekend and then it’s pedal to the medal, time to lock and load ? Major life changes are coming your way (and, like, also some killer abs and a poppin’ booty).
I want to make sure that you getting mentally prepped for the challenge kick-off, so to make it super easy, I made a quick lil guide of all the things you’re gonna need to slay this SSD!
For starters, you’re gonna want to document that #transformation. The best way to do this is to take a “before” picture now, so you can get that hottie “after” pic at the end of this thing. These can be tricky…so here are my rules-of-thumb to snapping the transformation pics.
- Lighting is everything. Try and find natural light and angle your body toward it.
- Stand in front of a simple background so you can really see your beautiful self! Selfies can totally work, but you can also recruit your bestie to help (or maybe try a DIY an iPhone tripod if you’re crafty like that…).
- Snap one from the front, one from the side, and one from the back. Work those angles, girl!
- Keep track of the details. When you take your “after” pic in a month, you’ll want to be in the same lighting, with the same background, in the same outfit. That’s the best way to really SEE the changes before your eyes ?.
See the diff between the two “before” pics below? (They’re both me!) Lighting, clothes, and getting that smiling face in there make a big difference.
I get taking “befores” can be tough and smiling can be hard, but this is the beginning of something major for you, be happy! ?
Your LSF Workout Kit
Make Spring Slimdown real easy on yourself and get all your gear together now! I have a cute basket I keep in my workout space, so it’s all ready whenever I need it, and easy to put away. My go-to’s for my LSF Fit Kit…
- My Day Drinking Water Bottle
- My Resistance Booty Bands
- My fave exercise mat
- Hand weights for when I want some extra intensity (totally optional, but can be nice to have!)
- My LSF guides (mine are on my iPad)
I want to see your LSF Fit Kits this Spring Slimdown!
Tag me @lovesweatfitness in your pics on the gram…
Meal-Prep like a Champ
You are DEF going to want to spend a little time this weekend getting some healthy snacks and meals ready to go. You might feel extra-motivated kicking off this challenge right now, but after a stressful workday, you might come home with a major ice cream craving, and that’s when you’ll be so glad you already prepped your healthy snacks.
My Meal Prep 101 post breaks down the details of my prep strategy, but here’s the quick-and-dirty:
- Make a list and stick to it! If you zone in on the healthy foods, that cookie aisle won’t even faze you. To help you out, we made you a printable grocery list with our favorite Slimdown-approved foods (and some space to write your go-to healthy foods).
- Dedicate a couple hours on Sunday to whipping up healthy, grab-and-go breakfasts and snacks. A big batch of overnight oats will get you through a week of breakfast, and some healthy cookies will get you through the afternoon sugar rush.
- Buy a bunch of your favorite veggies, and chop them up ahead of time. That way, you can always grab a handful and incorporate them into your usual cooking. This tip makes salads easier, up-levels your morning eggs, and makes it totally simple to have a veggie/dip snack.
Get Ready to Slay your Slimdown
You can do this! It’s just FOUR weeks. 28 days. 672 hours. Lock-in on your short-term goals, and you’ll see incredible changes. Spend some time thinking about all the reasons you are WORTH this, and use these tips to make an action plan. Come Monday, you’re hitting the ground running (or maybe with some squats ?). LET’S GO!