Garlic cauliflower. Garlic Cauliflower “Potatoes” (serves 2)
Per Serving: 210 Calories, 13.9g fat, 19g carbs, 7g protein
Whip up some delicious, nutritious, and guiltless faux-potatoes to accompany that faux-fur you’re rocking this holiday season. And shh! We bet that if you don’t tell anyone that it’s cauliflower, they won’t be any the wiser, but they will be all the healthier!
- 1 large head of cauliflower, cut into florets
- ¼ cup almond milk
- 1 tablespoon ghee
- 6 cloves garlic
- fresh chives, chopped
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 400°
- Pop out cloves of garlic from head, but do not chop. Place in aluminum foil packet and drizzle with a tiny bit of olive oil and seal the foil. Bake for 20-30 minutes. Allow garlic to cool and squeeze cloves out of skin
- As garlic roasts, in a large pot, bring 2-3 inches of water to a boil
- Place in cauliflower florets (I like to place my steamer insert inside first to make it easier to fish out), and cover
- Steam for 12-14 minutes, until completely tender
- Drain and return cauliflower to pot
- Add roasted garlic, milk, ghee, and salt to the cauliflower
- Use an immersion blender or food processor to combine until smooth (think mashed potatoes, people!)
- Top with chives and freshly ground pepper
- Fool everyone with this healthy alternative to potatoes!
This is such a great, healthy alternative to the traditional starchy mashed potato. Plus, it will fool even your potato-loving Grandma! Enjoy the creamy, garlicky “potato” without any of the guilt! Bonus points when you pair this with the Lemon Herb Chicken from the Guiltless Nutrition Lifestyle & Recipe Book!