Healthy french toast. Tomorrow (November 28th) is National Day and what better way to celebrate then eating all the french toast!?
I don’t often make it, but it’s really not that bad if you make it right and every once in a while you deserve a little something special! This 5 Minute Banana Nut healthy french toast is simple, delish and totally LSF approved so you can #LiveGuiltless!
Everyone deserves to celebrate #NationalFrenchToastDay in a totally LSF way! There are about a bazillion ways you can make french toast, but my all-time favorite will always be banana nut. It can for sure be a breakfast recipe or make it for dessert! Ryan LOVES when I top it with a bit of peanut butter too. You might have to try it…it’s heaven.
- 4 Sprouted Grain Bread
- 2 eggs
- ¼ cup coconut milk
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 tsp pure maple syrup
- 1 small banana
- 1 tbsp crushed walnuts
- In a small bowl, whisk together egg, milk, vanilla and cinnamon.
- Heat oil in a pan over medium- high
- Dip each slice of bread in the mixture and allow excess to drip off.
- Place bread in the pan an cook for approximately 2-3 minutes on each side.
- Top with sliced bananas, crushed walnuts and 1 tsp pure maple syrup.