5 Minute Banana Nut French Toast
Tomorrow (November 28th) is National French Toast Day and what better way to celebrate then eating all the French toast!? I don’t often make it, but it’s really not that bad if you make it right and every once in a while you deserve a little something special! This 5 Minute Banana Nut French Toast is simple, delish and totally LSF approved so you can #LiveGuiltless!
Everyone deserves to celebrate #NationalFrenchToastDay in a totally LSF way! There are about a bazillion ways you can make french toast, but my all-time favorite will always be banana nut. It can for sure be a breakfast recipe or make it for dessert! Ryan LOVES when I top it with a bit of peanut butter too. You might have to try it…it’s heaven.
If you’ve ever made french toast you know it’s super easy. Ditch the loads of syrup and powdered sugar and you’re left with healthy carbs, protein and some fresh fruit!
- 4 Sprouted Grain Bread
- 2 eggs
- ¼ cup coconut milk
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 tsp pure maple syrup
- 1 small banana
- 1 tbsp crushed walnuts
- In a small bowl, whisk together egg, milk, vanilla and cinnamon.
- Heat oil in a pan over medium- high
- Dip each slice of bread in the mixture and allow excess to drip off.
- Place bread in the pan an cook for approximately 2-3 minutes on each side.
- Top with sliced bananas, crushed walnuts and 1 tsp pure maple syrup.