I love playing with recipes in order to find ways to make them healthier and cleaner. This paleo style pumpkin cake has TONS of healthy ingredients, loaded with nutritional benefits.
It is rare to find a dessert you can call “healthy” so I am so happy to be able to share this one with you! Understanding that we all indulge a little during the holidays, I think it is great to have options that you won’t feel guilty about after you have eaten it! Because of the amazing ingredients in this cake you will only need a small piece to feel full and satisfied. Pumpkin is packed with fiber which will slow the breakdown of sugar and make you feel full longer. This way you can avoid over-eating all the other, less-healthy, sweet treats. You can cut down the sugar to make it even more of a guilt-less dessert!
So here is the breakdown on the goods:
- Almond Flour: Lots of vitamins and minerals that can help reduce the risk of heart disease
- Organic Pumpkin: Carotenoids in pumpkin reduce risk for cancer and keeps your skin tight. The high amounts of fiber in Pumpkin also will keep you full longer, reducing the amount of food you actually eat.
- Coconut Sugar: I generally avoid sugar, when baking I always use coconut sugar because of it’s low glycemic index and the several nutrients it contains such as zinc, potassium and iron.
- Eggs: I’m sure you already know eggs are basically a perfect food and loaded with protein!
- Cinnamon: Can help increase circulation, metabolism (fat loss!), de-bloat and reduce irritability.