Sunny days on the beach and by the pool are coming back, thank goodness! And if you’re like us, you’re taking full advantage of Spring Slim Down so you can look fabulous in some brand new bikinis, right?! But are you having trouble finding the right ones?
It can be so tricky to know what suits are worth your paycheck, and which ones you can save some cash on without sacrificing function or style! I’ve been there, and know how hard it is to navigate both the bargains and the boujee, so I’ve decided to show you my bikini haul for this year and help you in your own bikini journey!
If you stare at bikinis online and wonder skeptically what it would look like in real life, then look no further! Sit back and take a sec to watch this video to see how these online purchases from both ends of the price spectrum worked out for me! Psssst – you also get to see my process for getting bikini-ready, and hear about one of my favorite new razors to prep with!
Bikini #1: High Waisted Black Button Up
- Great price
- The button detail on the bottoms are adorable, and I love the v-cut on the top!
- The top offers a surprising amount of support, and just in case it’s not enough, they include some straps too!
- The material was a teensy bit scratchy, but is perfect for a pool party or spring break vacay!
Get a similar one HERE
Bikini #2: Cheetah Tie Up 🐆
- Cheetah print all. day. every. day.
- The top was super cute and flattering, and the detail on the back added a nice flair.
- While the top stood out, the bottoms were just a little meh.
- Again, the material was a little scratchy, but for $30, both pieces got the job done!
Grab a similar one (even cheaper!) HERE
Bikini #3: Pink Crop Cutie
Source: Vitamin A – Revolve
- A little more pricey, but the difference in the material alone was sooo worth it.
- The subtle striped details are fabulous, and the top is honestly one of my favorites. It’s so versatile because you can use it as a sexy top even when you’re not on the beach or poolside!
- The bottoms were a tiiiiiny bit snug #bootyprobs – consider going a size up if you’ve been putting those squats in.
Similar Style HERE
Bikini #4: High Waisted Lace-up
Source: Forever 21
- I took a gamble on the non-refundable bottoms, and it paid off! The high-waist ensures that you still feel confident even after a marg and some fish tacos! And the mesh detail is to die for.
- The top is a little more basic, but so cute. It doesn’t offer much support or protection, so consider throwing this little number in your beach bag on a day that involves lots of lounging!
- This suit offers a little more coverage without sacrificing style!
Grab similar bottoms HERE
Bikini #5: Sporty Zip Top
Source: Forever 21
- So Malibu Barbie-esque! The hot pink color and high cut waist gives off some seriously sexy 90’s vibes!
- The top is sporty, so you can be active while wearing it! It does have a zipper, but I haven’t had any trouble with it staying up.
- The bottoms are cheeky, and flattering!
- For the amazing price, this suit is perfect to take to the pool for some games and water-volleyball!
Similar & Super cute ones HERE
Bikini #6: Summer Stripes
Source: Beach Bunny (one of my absolute favs)
- This one is a little more pricey – about $200 for the whole thing, but worth it?🙈
- The bralette-style top allows me to be more active while still providing support and can be worn on or off the beach as a top with high waisted jeans or a cute skirt.
- The material is absolute heaven, and the sweet baby blue feel of this suit has me falling in love!
Price: Out of stock
Okay – you have the visual, so now let’s look at some of the facts…
First of all, it’s best to know what you need to look for according to your body type – if your top and bottom halves are different sizes, look for pieces that you can buy separately so you can feel confident on both counts!
While cheaper suits can be a more risky fit, and the material might not be as butter-smooth against your skin, they can be the perfect solution when you need a cute suit for a pool party or weekend away at the beach!
When you are willing to shell out the cash for a more pricey suit, look for something that is on-trend and can last you a long time. It also makes it so worth the money to find a versatile top that can be used as part of a cute outfit when you’re not on the beach or by the pool!
Hopefully I did some of the dirty work for you, and you feel more confident about stocking up for your bikini needs! These tips, paired with some sweat during the Spring Slim Down, will leave you ultra bikini-ready and looking amazing in no time, sister!
Happy sun-bathing, babe – see you at the beach!