Chicken sausage veggie bowls. This is basically how I cook 99% of my meals.
If I can throw it on a sheet pan or in the insta pot, I’m in! This Chicken Sausage sheet pan recipe can be made a million different ways with YOUR favorite veggies, but here is an easy, go-to staple you can use as a base recipe! Check out my other recipes here!
Chicken Sausage Veggie Bowl
1 bunch asparagus, chopped
1 cup cherry tomatoes, diced
1 cup mushrooms, chopped
1 sweet potato, chopped
1 onion, diced
1 lemon, halved
1 bunch basil
2 tsp no salt herb seasoning
Salt & pepper to taste
4 Italian Chicken Sausage links
Your Choice Base (brown rice, cauliflower rice, spaghetti squash, etc)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees and chop all veggies while it heats.
- Spray sheet pan with non-stick spray and add sweet potatoes to 2/3 of the pan, placing the in the oven to cook alone for about 10-15 minutes or until sweet potatoes are slightly soft.
- Add additional vegetables and seasoning, mixing them in with the sweet potato. Then add the chicken sausage to the open 1/3 of the pan. Keep the basil and lemon out of the mixture and to the side for now.
- Place the pan back in the oven for an additional 10-15 minutes, or until sausage is thoroughly cooked.
- Fill the bowls with the base of your choice and divide the veggies and sausage into the bowls.
- Squeeze the fresh lemon on each bowl and top with fresh basil, and crushed red peppers (if you like spice!)