Healthy beautiful hair. You've been working hard and deserve to treat yourself!
You do you boo!
Self-care is super important. It's not selfish, it's necessary!!! And don't believe anyone who tells you otherwise! In order to keep giving our all — in the Summer Shape Up, at work, in our relationship, to our friends — we have to fuel ourselves first! That means treating your body and mind to some TLC and I've got2 Ways to Get Healthy Beautiful Hair.
As I shamelessly only wash my hair about twice a week so I have to be sure that when I do it packs a lot of punch. I want to share two of my fave tricks for keeping my hair on point between sweat sessions & blowouts!
Detox Detox Detox!
With all the sweating I do, I definitely get build-up. I need something that is gentle on my hair but also actually works. I've tried charcoal everything to detox from face masks, toothpaste and straight up in water and now, my new fave shampoo, Pantene's new Charcoal Collection.
Seriously, a game changer. That build-up isn't gonna take care of itself and the activated charcoal in this shampoo helps detox my hair, get rid of build-up, and it smells super light and fresh. Leaving me with just healthy, beautiful hair!
It's free of any parabens, dyes, or silicones but packed with vitamins and antioxidants so I feel good using it on my hair. I am super careful about what I put in my body, and I have the same standard for what I put on my hair and scalp. The Pantene Charcoal Collectionmakes the cut. Plus, it's safe and nourishing for my colored hair. All around a win in my book!
Plus it's super affordable for good quality stuff and for a limited time, there's an in-store and online promotion at Target, where you receive a $5 gift card after purchasing a select number of Pantene Charcoal Collectionproducts. So win-win!
Easy DIY Hair Mask
– 1 Egg
– 1 Cup of Coconut Milk
– 1 Squeeze of Lemon
– 2 Tablespoons of Extra Virgin Olive Oil
-1 drop of lavender essential oil
- Crack one egg into a bowl and beat the egg
- Mix 1 cup of coconut milk and 2 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil and mix well
- Add a squeeze of lemon and mix well
- Massage mixture into scalp and let it sit for 15-20 minutes
Such simple, real ingredients that you probably have at home already (especially if you're following the HBMP) that will help revitalize your hair and honestly, give your mood a nice pick-me-up, too!
While this mask is soaking into your gorg hair, take some time to reflect on how far you've come in the past 3.5 weeks and congratulate yourself for showing up every single day, even when it got hard or life got messy! Remember– progress, not perfection. Just show up every day; that's half the battle.
Besides self-care and reflection, the 20-min you'll spend with this mask on is doin you a whole lotta good. Why? It's like superfood for your mane. Cause we can't all rock a messy bun allll day.
This is seriously a recipe forfaster growing, stronger, shinier hair. And what girl doesn't want that!? Here's why:
- Eggs help your hair grow faster by infusing your root with vitamins, plus the yolks help your hair resist damage.
- Coconut milk help revitalize dry, damaged, brittle hair while also helping split ends!
- Lemon juice — ok, you prob freaked at this thinking of trying to highlight your hair in middle school using lemon juice, but no worries. It's safe and good for your hair! It won't bleach it out, I promise! It actually is amazing for unclogging hair follicles!
- EVOO has been used as a natural conditioner for like forever because it keeps your hair silky, shiny, and soft. Not to mention it soothes an irritated or dry scalp! That flaky look ain't cute, boo.
We put our hair through hell. With all the coloring, blowouts, flat-ironing, sweating, high ponies we do, we gotta do a better job of caring for our mane! Besides detoxing all that dry shampoo out, this 20-min mask is a great way to make that happen and leave you with healthy beautiful hair.
Love that Pantene partnered with me on this blog post to share it with you guys because I'm really loving it. I'm only gonna share products I actually like with you guys and this one is great. This content is sponsored by Pantene. All thoughts and opinions are my own.