Do you ever just feeling a bit (or super) overwhelmed? Same girlfriend, same. It sometimes feels impossible to shake, but I promise you CAN get past it. Here are 4 reasons you might be stressed and easy ways to de-stress fast!
4 common reasons you might be stressed:
- Work-Life Balance: Balancing career, family, and personal time is not easy. It can feel overwhelming to know where to spend your time without neglecting something else and the thought of that alone can cause stress!
- Health and Well-being: Concerns about your physical and/or mental health increase stress which actually can manifest itself into other physical issues like headaches, constipation, ibs and more.
- Body Image and Self-Esteem: Unrealistic expectations we place on ourselves can weigh so heavy on our minds. That stress leads to changes in diet and sleep which end up creating new physical stress on the body as well.
- Nutrition and Diet Confusion: Trying to figure out how and what to eat is overwhelming. Regardless of your goals, we are all trying to eat healthier. The LSF ebooks and meal plans take the guesswork out of it and make it easy to stick to so you get results and feel good faster!
How to De-Stress Fast
1. Journal: Journaling is a powerful tool for processing emotions and reducing stress. It creates a safe space to express your thoughts and feelings without judgment and gives you time to reflect.
🏻Try this: write down what you're feeling/what is stressing you out and then objectively ask yourself...is that true? Most of the time we make things bigger than they really are and this simple exercise can help!
2. Take Ashwagandha Daily: Ashwagandha is nature’s stress-killer and has been proven to help reduce stress.
It's like a warm hug for your nervous system and my Miss Congeniality mood boost powder is the perfect way to incorporate it into your daily routine to reduce stress and improve your mood.
ps - we use the worlds best ashwagandha with 24 gold standard clinical studies in our blend so you can know you're getting the good stuff.
3. Build A Routine: If you're feeling like you have too much on your plate the best thing you can do is start to build a routine.
Having a solid morning or night routine will reduce stress in two ways.
First, it gives you clarity on what's actually most important to you so you can let go of the rest. And secondly, it gives you a structure to your day that allows you to feel accomplished even when "you can't do it all." Need help getting started? Get my routine building printable here.
I also like writing down my Feel Good 5 every day.
This is basically 5 "to-do's" for each day that will make me feel good getting them done.
That means both stuff I need and things want to do because checking off that list feels good and reduces stress!
Download the Feel Good 5 wallpaper for phone here
4. Swap Your Coffee: While caffeine can be a great pick-me-up, excessive consumption leads to elevated cortisol levels.
This "stress hormone" can trigger anxiety and exacerbate feelings of tension all while also wreaking havoc on your waistline.
Pep Rally is the perfect addition to your routine to give you a midday energy boost when you start to feel sluggish during the work day.
By swapping out a cup or two of coffee for green tea, you'll be giving your body a break from excessive caffeine while still enjoying a gentle energy lift.
5. Eat More Protein:
Sounds weird, but it's true!
plant protein powder offers a positive boost in stress reduction thanks to its rich nutrient profile, packed with vital vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants.
It plays a role in maintaining stable blood sugar levels, and keeping mood swings away. The amino acids in plant protein foster the production of neurotransmitters, promoting a balanced mood and reduced stress levels.
Need More Help?
A little stress is a normal part of life, but it doesn't have to take over and consume you. With a solid routine, the power of Ashwagandha and a little less caffeine on those already stressful days, you will be feeling good so soon!
Need help on figuring out what’s best for your needs? Take our Love Sweat Fitness quiz!
It's a fantastic tool to get personalized recommendations tailored to your unique needs and goals.