Galentines gifts. Love Yourself… and Your Gal Pals
Babes, we're officially on day 7 of our #LSFlotsoflove challenge, and today's task is to write a note of why you're proud of yourself. ?Now, while you've got your pen and paper out (or your laptop or phone… whatever works!) be sure to send some love to a friend, too!
Send the Love?
Today, February 7th, is National Send a Card to a Friend Day! In this hectic, digital age, I think a snail mail card is so extra special and really means a lot to the recipient. And I love any excuse to to send a card to my girls, so you girls should send out some love, too! Send one to a dear friend who you see every week, or maybe someone you haven't seen in a year or two. Either way, send a little extra love their way. Here are some of my favorite snail mail cards found here, here(soperfect for a #TeamLSF gal pal!),and here. Bonus: love these because they're supporting a small businessandyou can print at home!?
But don't let a printer or stamps get in your way! It's 2018, love! We've got so many ways to send love electronically. Here are a few of my fave e-cards here, here(FRIENDS reference, anyone??), and here. How freaking cute are all of these!? I know it would make MY day to get a card or e-card unexpectedly, so go on out and spread the love!?
Spread the Love?
This challenge is all about showing yourself a little extra TLC, and there's always enough love to go around for our besties, right?! So I wanted to share some of my favorite ways to show my besties how much I love them so you can spread the love to yours!
Treat yourself, and your girls, to some pampering with these relaxing bath bombs! Bonus: they help loosen up sore, tight muscles!
Total time: 10 minutes
Yield: 2 bath bombs
- 1/2 cup baking soda
- 1/3 cup Epsom salts
- 2 tablespoon cream of tartar
- 2 tablespoon coconut oil, melted
- 1 teaspoon peppermint oil
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh rosemary (optional)
- Medium glass bowl
- Large ice cube tray (or bath bomb mold)
- Spray bottle
- Combine dry ingredients and chopped rosemary in a medium glass bowl. Whisk to blend, then whisk in melted coconut oil and peppermint oil.
- Using a spray bottle, spritz water to moisten your mixture as you stir. The result should be crumbly, but should hold when squeezed.
- Use a spoon to scoop the mixture into your ice cube tray, firmly. Allow to set for at least 4 hours in a cool, dry place.
- Loosen bombs from molds and either place in a bath to enjoy, or wrap up in cellophane with a ribbon to gift to your girls!
Look at this pretty, and so functional, scrub! Make sure to double (or triple… heck, quadruple!) this recipe to share it with your girls!
- 1 cup finely ground pink Himalayan salt
- 1/2 cup coconut oil
- 10-15 drops lavender essential oil (or whatever scent you prefer)
- fresh rose petals (optional, but very on point with the season!)
- In a large bowl, mix together salt and coconut oil until well combined.
- Then, add in 10-15 drops of lavender essential oil.
- Mix well until all ingredients combined.
- Put in a jar or container, the prettier the better! Especially for a gift.
- Apply to wet skin in the shower working in slow, circular motions. Sigh a breath of relief and relaxation.
Why use a sugar scrub?
- Removes dead skin cells
- Leaves skin glowy and soft
- Promotes healthy collagen production
- Keeps skin free of bumps and dark spots
- Improves circulation
- Anti-inflammatory, anti-bacterial, anti-fungal, and anti-viral
- Use 2-3 times per week max!
This super easy, but really useful lip scrub is perfect for this time of year. Especially for your girls that are in the cold temps (unlike our 70¬∞+ Cali winter).
- 2 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon organic coconut oil
- 1 drop of essential oil of your choice (I love vanilla or rose)
- Fill small container with sugar
- Add in coconut oil, making sure the sugar is fully combined
- Add a drop of your favorite essential oil
- Gift it to a friend, use it on yourself, and enjoy more soft, kissable lips!?
Plan a Galentine's Date?
If your girls are nearby, put a date on the calendar to snuggle up in your jammies, watch some chick-flicks with wine in hand, and enjoy your friendship, laughter, and love for each other.Hand out your bath bombs, sugar scrubs, and lip scrubs to your besties! Or, make it a part of the night and craft the scrubs together (still have that ? in hand, duh!).
If your girls are long-distance, plan a Skype, FaceTime, or just phone date to catch up and reconnect. Mail them your Galentine's goodies and enjoy long distance laughter and love together.
Life is so dang busy, so get this on the calendar so you don't miss out on your special gal time, near or far!
Don't forget! Your #TeamLSF girls are your gal-pals, too! Send them some extra love, and I'm sure you'll feel it right back! Because and I've said it so many times, this community is so amazing and filled with love.
Share how you'll spread the love this month with me below, or on Insta at @lovesweatfitness and @teamlsf. Can't wait to see you pamper yourself and the girls that matter most to you!