Healthy muffin recipe. Have Your
Cake Muffin and Eat it, Too!
Summer is right around the corner and that means tons of parties, weddings, and #roséallday pool seshs. At LSF, we’re all about that #LiveGuiltless life, so we want to share our best tips for staying social and on track with your health and fitness goals.
We’re here to blow the lid off the best-kept secret to stay healthy and have fun: FIBER.
Now, before you cringe thinkin’ about gramma’s Metamucil, lemme break down the fiber 411 for ya.
Fiber: Your New BFF
Fiber is such an important and often overlooked component of our diet. If you’re following the Hot Body Meal Plan, you’re already hittin’ those fiber goals from veggies, chia seeds, avocado, brown rice, berries, nuts… well, you get it. High-fiber intake not only helps your digestive tract but is also hugely helpful in having fun, while staying fit.
Here’s the scoop: high-fiber intake can significantly contribute toward weight control because you feel full from fiber without adding calories. (Fiber calories aren’t absorbed by the body… they, uh, pass right on thru! ?)
Party People, Meet Party Muffins
Party muffins are my secret tip that I’m sharing with you babes. They fuel your body, let you have fun, and stay on track! These little snacks are SSD approved and they give your body a boost of fiber.
These Party Muffins are the perfect party snack. Let me clarify: I don’t usually bring these to a potluck. ? Instead, I use them as my personal party fuel.
These lil snackaroos are totally portable. In fact, I’ve been known to just pop some in my purse so I’ve got a super delicious, filling snack at the party. That way I’m not tempted to dig into the less-than-healthy options that are sure to be there. If you’re not up for BYOMuffin, don’t sweat it. Just nibble on a few of them before heading out to be sure you’re full and ready for whatever the party throws your way.
Hint hint: No Hangover Zone
FYI, fiber does wonders for stabilizing your blood sugar. That means when you’re filled up on fiber, your blood sugar won’t dip. Which is a WIN! Because when your blood sugar dips, well… you get hangry and probably snarf up every unhealthy snack in sight. Showing up famished is a sure-fire way to derail your health goals, eat all that junk they’re serving AND wake up with a hangover of epic proportions…
So. ? NOPE! ?
Party Muffins to the Rescue!
- 1/2 cup coconut flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 medium avocado, mashed (1/2 – 2/3 cup)
- 1/2 cup monk fruit sweetener (or dry sweetener of choice)
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup non-dairy milk
- 1/3 cup cacao nibs or dairy-free mini chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 375F
- Combine coconut flour, baking powder, and salt. Stir together until you don’t see any lumps of coconut flour.
- In a separate large bowl, add mashed avocado, monk fruit, eggs, and vanilla extract. Stir until combined.
- Gently fold in dry ingredients to bowl of wet ingredients, add in milk and gently stir until everything is combined. Then fold in cacao nibs.
- Line a muffin tin with baking cups and spoon in mixture. Fill about 2/3 of the way full.
- Bake muffins for 18-22 minutes. Muffins are done when you insert a toothpick and no crumbs come out!
The recipe makes about 12.
So before you head out to your Coachella party or even meet up with your girls for drinks this weekend, whip up a batch, have a party muffin (or a few!) and indulge responsibly?!