Healthy thanksgiving breakfast. If you’re sick of having a constant “to eat or not to eat” debate on the holidays, I’ve got you girl.
Try this no-bloat Thanksgiving breakfast quiche and end the debate for good.
Thanksgiving is my second favorite holiday of the year and this year it’s extra special! We’re wrapping up our first EVER #LSFplankful challenge and you girls have been slaying it! I’m so grateful to be a part of community of such strong and incredible women!
pssst… that’s YOU!
There is so much i love about Thanksgiving. It feels like the entire country hits “pause” and soaks up just how blessed we are. We get time with family and fiends and eat all the food. A blessing and a curse…
There are usually two strategies when approaching Thanksgiving:
- Wait to eat until Thanksgiving dinner and then stuff your face like there’s no tomorrow.
- Throw everything out the window and just go-ham all day long.
I have a third, and way better, option for you and partnered with Kohl’s to give you the best Thanksgiving ever!
Eat Right & Keep it Tight
It is 100% possible to enjoy yourself, and the food, without waddling away from the holiday feeling totally blah.
The most important thing you need? BREAKFAST! Don’t skip it girls. Eating a healthy balanced breakfast is the best way to make sure you don’t end up overdoing it at the festivities.
Christmas came a little early for me this year and I got this amazing Kitchen Aid Mixer at Kohl’s to whip a breakfast quiche. I know… normally quiche and healthy don’t necessarily go hand in hand, but with this recipe they do!
How cute is this mixer!? I’ve always wanted one because they make it so much easier to make healthy recipes. You don’t have to stand in one spot while you hand mix and they even have attachments to make zucchini noodles! OMG I need use it asap. I love zoodles, but hate cranking them out on the manual machine.
This is a paleo, gluten-free, protein packed recipe that will please even the pickiest eaters in your family. It has a great balance of healthy fats, protein and carbs to give you energy and help keep you full without feeling bloated.
First thing in the morning…
- Sack on raw nuts and veggies
- Stick to normal sized portions at Thanksgiving dinner.
- Go for a LONG walk with the fam bam
No-Bloat Thanksgiving Breakfast
You can find the KitchenAid Mixer in tons of cute colors and anything else you need for a healthy holiday season at Kohls!
- 1 cup gluten-free flour
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- ¼ cup ghee, melted
- ¼ cup water
- 6 eggs, beaten
- 1½ cups cashew milk
- sea salt and black pepper to taste
- 2 cups spinach
- 1 cup roasted butternut squash
- 1 tbsp parsley
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1 cup sheep cheese, shredded
- ½ tbsp avocado oil
- Preheat oven to 450.
- On a baking sheet add butternut squash, ½ tbsp avocado oil and garlic. Roast for 20-30 minutes stirring occasionally until golden brown on edges.
- In a large bowl mix flour and ¼ teaspoon sea salt.
- In a separate bowl mix ghee and water. Add to flour mixture to form dough. Press into greased 9″ pie crust.
- Combine eggs, coconut milk, salt and pepper in a bowl. Layer spinach, turkey bacon, and cheese on bottom of crust and pour egg mixture over top.
- Bake for 35-45 minutes until egg mixture is set