Butternut squash enchiladas.
1 medium butternut squash, cooked and cut into cubes
1 can organic black beans
1 small onion
1 tsp Cumin
1 tsp Paprika
¼ tsp red chili pepper (or add more to taste)
1 garlic clove, minced
1 can enchilada sauce (Trader Joe’s is my favorite!)
Organic corn tortillas (can substitute with low carb or paleo wraps
- Grill a chopped onion with 1tbs of olive oil
- Add the cooked squash and 1 can of black beans to the onion and continue to sauté
- Season with cumin, red chili pepper, paprika and fresh garlic to taste
- Dip tortillas of your choice in a red enchilada sauce. (There are tons of healthy, low calorie tortillas and enchilada sauce options out there)
- Spoon filling into tortillas and role ~ you can add cheese here if you wish
- Place in oven set to 375 degrees for about 15-20 min
- Garnish with corn, cilantro and avocado
I made a tray of these to have ready for lunches this week and they are DELICIOUS. I’ve been telling everyone how easy and awesome these are and perfect to throw into your lunch bag on your way out of the house!!
That’s so great to hear! They are seriously one of my FAVORITES! I might need to make them tonight now! hah 🙂 xoxo
The tortillas should be warmed before dipping right? Because if not they break? Or does t depend on the tortilla?
Soft corn tortillas should work fine w/o warming 🙂
OMG… I make some mean enchiladas, definitely have to try this recipe ?