1 large sweet potato or yam
1 can organic black beans
2 tbs tahini paste
1/4 cup cooked quinoa
1/4 tsp pepper
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 tsp red pepper flakes
- Cook sweet potato until soft
- In a food processor or blender pulse black beans, sweet potato and tahini paste until it is mixed together well
- Remove and place in a bowl
- Mix in quinoa and season to your liking
- Form mixture into patties and lightly dust with a flour of your choice
- Put a thin coat of olive oil in a skillet and heat on medium/high
- Place patties in skillet and cook for about 5 minutes on each side or until outside is golden brown.
- Time To Eat: Place patties on a bed a lettuce or your favorite bun and top with avocado and maybe even an egg! While these may not be quite the same as a typical “burger” they are amazingly delicious and filling!